Tennis World USA had anticipated the news, which now appears to have change into actuality. The ATP Finals will stay in Italy even after 2025. Due to the overwhelming success of this year-edition, the match can be reconfirmed, most likely nonetheless in Turin.
Angelo Binaghi, CEO of the Italian Tennis and Padel Federation, within the closing press convention of the Masters Event, promised that the match will stay in Italy past the horizon of 2025, most likely till 2027. Novak Djokovic prevailed over Jannik Sinner within the closing: his better expertise in occasions of this stage made the distinction.
This week, the Italian attracted tens of millions of viewers glued to the TV and within the stands to observe his splendid experience, solely dropping within the closing after subsequently beating Stefanos Tsitsipas, Djokovic, Holger Rune and Daniil Medvedev.
Binaghi expressed on the ATP Finals in Italy after 2025, making Italian followers dream
Binaghi highlighted some numbers of what in his opinion might be thought of probably the most profitable sporting occasion in Italy: “This year we witnessed an excellent event from a technical level point of view.
Having had 15 continuous sold out sessions in this, the largest arena in Italy, this is the most successful event in the history of sport in Italy. The economic impact of the Nitto ATP Finals 2023 is even higher than what was presented on the eve.
We recorded 174,402 tickets sold, and 124,804 unique spectators. 40.9% of spectators come from abroad, from 95 different countries. The remainder are Italian: 34.5% come from Piedmont, the remaining 65.5% from other regions.” Lastly, he expressed his opinion on the attainable extension of the Finals in Turin, past 2025: “In my opinion this is the moment of responsibility, I believe that all the conditions are there for us to start moving and making a proposal that is for improvement.
We will naturally start from Turin because gratitude is a fundamental value. We will start by consulting with the Government, Region, Municipality, with Nitto, the ATP, we will also arrive at the Circolo della Stampa-Sporting.
I don’t know where, I don’t know for how long, but the ATP Finals in Italy don’t end in 2025. Everyone must do their part, against us there are the Arabs, the greatest nations, the great world capitals. I’m starting from here, I’m starting from Turin which has become accustomed to this event.
Yesterday there was a queue in the bars to watch the Sinner match. Many cities in Italy have realized that something important is happening here. But I’ll start from here and I’ll win this match.”